Ever wonder what types of tasks are undertaken by Artist Row Volunteers to prepare for the show in September? Many (but certainly not all!) of the planning tasks relating to the show are listed below, split by committee. Generally, a committee coordinator is responsible for reporting on the action of their committee at monthly meetings and completing/delegating responsibilities with the help of the Artist Row chairperson(s). Committee members are kept in the loop regarding action items in their area, and are invited to jump in to help whenever they can! Can you join our existing team of dedicated volunteers to help fill any of these roles for 2015?
AR Marketing/Communications Coordinator
- Establish 2015 Branding
- Create Call-for-Entries/Show Promotion posters and flyers
- Oversee poster printing and distribution
- Update Artist Row website and social media
- List Artist Row on local online/television calendars
- Design show-day trophies, posters, name badges, sponsor banners, program, etc.
AR Entertainment/Food Coordinator
- Reach out to entertainment from last year, and source new entertainment options
- Arrange for MC and draft show-day announcements for review
- Book/designate locations for food vendors (both trucks and PM food stands)
- Be available for show-day support for entertainment/food
AR Sponsorship Coordinator
- Interface with contacts from Summit (Primary Sponsor)
- Initiate new sponsorship opportunities: outline the sponsorship package for 2015
- Work with marketing/communications coordinator to design sponsorship materials
- Seek out new sponsors
AR Jury/Judge Coordinator
- Set up/approve online application before release
- Organize/track applicants and facilitate larger group jurying
- Notify artists when they are accepted to the show
- Compile panel of judges
- Assist with judging on show day: judges packets/schedules, judges goody bags
AR Facilities/Site Coordinator
- Arrange for green room refreshments, thank-you gifts, etc.
- Interface with Jim about logistical items such as barriers, stage/speakers, before-show clean up, walkie-talkies, security, etc.
- Set up Friends of RPM table, help set up sponsor’s/guest tables
- Facilitate creation and distribution of bee catchers
- Create day-of-show timeline, and act as the main point-of-contact on show day